Dialog Switches On 4G – LTE Pilot Network in Colombo
Friday, 6th May 2011
Dialog Axiata announced yesterday that its pilot 4G network had been powered up in several key zones of Colombo city, signaling South Asia’s first touch exposition of Long Term Evolution (LTE) services.
The flagship telecom service provider said its pilot network has demonstrated the delivery of over 100 Mbps in indoor demonstration mode and 40 – 50Mbps under outdoor mobile conditions, within the Colombo Fort, Colombo 2 and 3 regions of the city, with demonstrations at the Dialog Future World at Darley Road Colombo.
Dialog Axiata will conduct extensive trials of 4G-LTE technology in parallel with the expansion its of High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA)+ services across all provinces of Sri Lanka.
- Dialog Broadband to Expand LTE Service With Sky TV
- Dialog Delivers Net Profit of Rs 1.59Bn in First Quarter
- Dialog to Boost Sri Lanka’s International Bandwidth with New Submarine Cable
- Dialog Secures Mobile 4G LTE Spectrum at TRCSL Auction
- Dialog Records Rs 6.0Bn Net Profit for FY 2012
- Dialog Launches Sri Lanka’s 1st Commercial 4G-LTE Service
- Dialog in e-Commerce JV to Merge Anything.lk, iBuy & Tradenet
- Dialog Consolidates Performance with Strong 3rd Quarter
- Commercial Bank of Ceylon and Dialog partner for Managed Services
- Dialog Gold Rush 2012