GPRS is basic mobile Internet. It can be used on mobile phones or computers, but usually on mobile. Dialog has GPRS coverage all over Sri Lanka and it’s an effective way to do basic browsing, email, etc. For higher bandwidth applications, 3G is best.
In order to use GPRS you need a compatible phone and to have GPRS service activated. You can activate it by any one of the following methods :
MY SETTINGS PORTAL
Click here to visit the Portal to Activate GPRS & MMS Settings.
Type #107# and simply follow the instructions.
Type GPRS and send to 678.
Dial 0777678678 (Postpaid Hotline) or 0777123456 (Prepaid Hotline) and access the menu option “To access and activate services” and then select the sub option “To receive GPRS/MMS settings press 3” and thereafter confirm the request to receive the settings on your phone.
You can activate it by entering the settings yourself.
- Enter the Access Point Name (APN)
Prepaid Customer: ppwap
Postpaid Customer: dialogbb
- Enter Session mode as Permanent with no user name and password
- Enter website as www.dialogwap.com (separation should be full stop not comma)
You can also get GPRS help from the manufacturer websites
GPRS rates will depend on your package. Usually there is no rental for this service, only usage charges. This applies to whenever you access GPRS, including downloading something, viewing a webpage or uploading information.
- How to activate GPRS?
- Which are the computer devices that support Dialog GPRS service?
- When I can expect a higher GPRS data speed transmission?
- What are the requirements in order to enjoy GPRS service?
- If I am accessing data services on a GPRS mobile phone, can I answer incoming calls?
- What are the benefits of GPRS?
- What is GPRS?
- What should I do if I have problems accessing GPRS data service?
- What are the applications that I can enjoy with GPRS service?