MiFi is a portable mobile WiFi hotspot device that provides data connectivity to other devices on-the-go.
This model offers 2 in 1 functionality.
- WiFi hotspot to connect up to 10 devices.
- WiFi extender functionality.
- Max download speed of 150Mbps & Upload speed up to 50Mbps
- Mobile 4G (LTE) / 3G options
- Connects up to 10 Wi-Fi devices in parallel (password protected) i.e. Smartphones, tablets, laptops and LEDs
- WiFi Extender (Repeater) - Boost your office or home WiFi coverage
- Long lasting battery supports 6 to 7 hours of working time
- WiFi coverage up to 15 meters
- Supports Windows XP to 10, MAC OS/iOS, Android OS, Linux
- Easy configuration through WEB URL
|Huawei MiFi||Rs 6,850.00|
- Network status – locked to Dialog
- 1500 mAh battery (6 months warranty)
- Mini SIM card slot (2FF)
- WiFi Extender (Repeater) Smart offloading when in configured WIFi range
- Wifi Hotspot / Dongle functionality
- WiFi coverage for indoors over 15 meters and for outdoors over 30 meters
- Dimension-100mm ×58mm × 14.6mm
- Weight -71g (Including the battery)
- Network capabilities-FDD LTE Cat4;150/[email protected] BW (B1/B3/B8) /3G UMTS (2100Mhz)
- Can be connected to any USB power source or a Computer for battery charging
- Warranty Period
MiFi Device – One Year
Battery – 6 months
MiFi is a portable router which connects to a mobile broadband network (By inserting a SIM card) and provides Internet connectivity through wifi to multiple devices.
It is a battery powered device, which you can use on the go. Device is small and light enough to easily fit in to your pocket.
WiFi extender is used to expand the coverage area of your WiFi network. It works by receiving your existing WiFi signal, and then transmitting the boosted signal. You can use this functionality to expand the coverage of your existing wifi solution to areas where strength is low.
MiFi takes care of your internet need in a fixed (stationery) environment and gives you the freedom to move around, unlike a WiFi router which is always connected to a power source and can’t be moved. You can create your own connected workplace wherever you are.
Device has its own high capacity battery (1500 mAh) which provides more than 6 hours run time. No need to look for a power source to set-up your work place/study.
Some people have frequently questioned the need for a MiFi Router when they can create mobile hotspot with their mobile phones. Following are the key benefits that can be achieved from using a MiFi.
- MiFi provides a powerful WiFi connectivity on the go that can extend up to 20 meters in an open environment
- High battery capacity and tailor-made hardware provides a much higher run time (6 to 7 hours)
- Data speed is guaranteed with multiple connections connected to the MiFi, where as a mobile device may experience performance issues due to processing capacity limitations
Step 1: Switch ON your MiFi device and make sure the lights are on in Green colour
Step 2: Enable WiFi on the device that you want to access internet (Phone/ Laptop/ Tab) and search for available WiFi networks
Step 3: Select the MiFi name / network name of your MiFi and enter the password / WiFi Key and then select connect
Step 1: Login to the web interface using the credentials provided
Step 2: Click the ‘Tools’ Tab
Step 3: Click ‘SMS conversation’ and SMS ‘Myuse’ to 678
Connect the USB cable that is provided, into the MiFi device and a USD power source.
Note: USB power sources that can be used: Standard phone charger, Car phone charger, Laptop USB.
Step 1: Connect your Phone/Laptop with the MiFi
Step 2: Open your Internet browser and on the address bar enter this URL: http://192.168.8.1/
Step 3: Enter the username (admin) and password (admin) - Then you will be redirected to the dashboard in which you can find information regarding your device as shown below,
Step 4: Click on the ‘Tools’ tab and select ‘SMS’ to view or send SMS
Every MiFi device comes with a unique network name starting from HUAWEI-9DA6, and if you want to change this name,
Step 1: Once you login to the interface -> Wi-Fi Settings -> change SSID and Password. Press ‘Save’ to confirm the changes.
You can use a Postpaid Mobile connection or a Prepaid Mobile connection with the device. Ensure to activate a Data pack / Package to get the best value for price.
Note: Device works on Mobile packages only. Fixed Bradband packages are not applicable.