Now you can chat with up to four Dialog Mobile users for the price of one. Group Reply enables users to Send and Receive SMS to multiple contacts simultaneously via SMS, so they can chat with up to four Dialog Mobile users for the price of one SMS. The service is available for all Dialog Prepaid and Postpaid subscribers.
Frequently asked questions
- A chat can be started by sending the CHAT command followed by your friends numbers to the SMS port 242 (E.g. CHAT 77xxxxxxx 77yyyyyyy)
- By replying to the messages, users can participate in the Chat session.
- Users are allowed up to 100 simultaneous chat sessions, which means a customer can have up to 100 friend circles.
- Each chat session number can be saved in the Address Book to send message to the group later.
- Each message sent will be limited to 140 characters (Commands & Replies).
- Premier (Postpaid) roaming customers can use this service for standard roaming SMS charges, depending on the country.
- Currently Prepaid instant roaming customers cannot send replies but can receive messages.
- Other commands in brief
|Command||Desired Action||Send to|
|NICK||To set your name, send NICK <your name>||Send to 242 or just reply to the last text|
|ADD||To add new members, text ADD <cel1> <cel2>…||Just reply to the last text|
|ALIAS||To assign a name to someone in the chat , text ALIAS <friend’s mobile no.> <friends name>||Just reply to the last text|
|GROUP||To name your group, text GROUP <group name>||Just reply to the last text|
|END||To leave the chat, text END||Just reply to the last text|
|LIST||To see who’s in the chat session, text LIST||Just reply to the last text|
|BLOCK||To block all the messages from Group Reply, text BLOCK||Send to 242 or just reply to the last text|
|UNBLOCK||To unblock all the messages from Group Reply, text UNBLOCK||Send to 242 or just reply to the last text|
|HELP||To get a list of commands, text HELP||Send to 242 or just reply to the last text|