The Touch Travel Card is a Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled Prepaid card that can be used to pay for transport fares and transport related services. Dialog Axiata PLC is the only Central Bank licensed service provider to issue and operate the Single Purpose Stored Value Card along with the Fare Collection System.
For customers, the Touch Travel Card can be purchased and topped up at registered merchant points across the island. Customers can then use the Touch Travel Card with a simple tap at registered transport and transport related service providers to pay for transport fares, tickets and other services. This solution eliminates the necessity to carry cash, a burden faced by many customers.
Travel Card enabled regions
- Western province - Routes 138, 122, 177
- Central province (Sahasara project) - Digana, Kandy, Kadugannawa
Terms and conditions
- The card must be presented to the transport service provider to be eligible for the above mentioned benefits.
- The use of the card is restricted to the authorized user.
- The cardholder is responsible for the safe keeping of the card and shall be liable for any unauthorized or illegal use.
- The card is not a credit, debit or charge card and cannot be transferred.
- Damaged or lost cards will be replaced with a new card at a convenient fee.
For Customer Care Service call 1393
Frequently asked questions
Option 1: Via Tickets/Receipts:
All tickets and receipts given by the conductor will provide the real-time card balance.
Option 2: Via SMS:
Type BAL <space> DID number and send to 1393
(This will show the balance in the system, not the real-time balance available for use on the card).
Option 3: Via Touch retailer point:
Produce the card to the nearest Touch retailer point and obtain the card balance (This will show the real-time balance on the card available for use).