Get ViU Hub 2.0
Powered by Android TV, the ViU Hub 2.0 4K Hybrid device seamlessly integrates satellite TV, along with over 130 channels, all ViU Movies and the full Android TV experience onto one TV screen, turning your TV into a state-of-art, feature-rich Smart TV.
Frequently asked questions
Powered by Android 9.0 (Pie), the ViU Hub 2.0 4K Hybrid device seamlessly integrates satellite TV and over-the-top content onto one TV screen, making every TV a feature-rich Smart TV. The ViU Hub 2.0 boasts 4K video streaming capability, enabling consumers to immerse themselves in the ultra-high-quality of 4K picture and sound on their 4K enabled TVs, along with over 130 Standard Definition and High Definition local and international TV channels, ViU movies and dramas.
It also features a built-in Chromecast, Google Services and a host of Google Play apps for customers to select from for personalized content offerings on the big screen. In addition, the ViU Hub 2.0 decoder comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Over 130 LIVE TV Channels
- High definition picture and sound
- Catch Up TV up to 72 hours and Rewind TV up to 2 hours
- TVideo on Demand library with HBO, AXN, Cinema World & ViU : Enjoy Sri Lanka’s Largest Video on Demand collection with over 1000’s Movies and Dramas at your demand.
- Google Play Store: Access the Google Play Store and download any android app to the STB. A wide range of apps are available including games, music and entertainment
- YouTube built in: Watch any content from YouTube through the device itself.
- A world of entertainment: Enjoy all the movies, TV series, music, sports and games from around the world through Google play movies, iFlix, Hungama, Zee 5, etc.
- Bluetooth enabled, so that a joy stick or a headset can be paired for an even better viewing experience.
- 4K video
- Uninterrupted viewing over Wi-Fi: The ViU Hub 2.0 will automatically switch to IP service during any loss of satellite signals, offering you a continuous viewing experience.
- Rich user interface and Experience: The Android TV based User Interface on the STB will offer an engaging experience and ease of use.
- Voice Enabled Remote with Google Assistance: Just talk to the remote to search for anything you want and to control the decoder.
- Built-in Chromecast: With the built-in Chromecast function, users can cast content to the large screen from their compatible devices
- Enjoy Sri Lanka’s Largest Video Collection with over 1000 hours of Movies and Dramas at your demand. Watch Sinhala and Tamil Content for Free.
Yes, your existing decoder can be upgraded to the ViU Hub 2.0.
- No upgrade fee applicable for Club Vision Members & Existing Dialog Television customers with a Gold, Emerald or Diamond package.
- Non-Club Vision and other package customers - Upgrade Fee - Rs.11,990/- (Inc. taxes).
- Customers can request for ViU Hub 2.0 upgrade via SMS.
- To order via SMS, type VIUHUB
Your Dialog TV account number and send it to 679 from your Dialog mobile or to 0770 679 679 from any other mobile network.
- Upgrade fees are available with the add to bill option.
No, we do not have Netflix currently.
To access the Catch-Up TV, Rewind TV and VOD (Video-On-Demand) features available on Dialog Television ViU Hub 2.0, you need to have an active Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
You can set up the Wi-Fi connectivity during the initial set up or, follow the below steps :
- Access the main menu.
- Go to the settings icon.
- click ok > go to network & internet >
- Select Wi-Fi > and under available networks, select your desired network and enter the password to connect.
To connect the Ethernet connection, simply plug in the Ethernet cable from the 4G LTE router to the Ethernet port of the ViU Hub 2.0 and connect automatically.